Thursday, August 18, 2011

crema

August 18th, 2011

The plush consultancy is winding down and I have too much time on my hands.  One enlightening aspect of being at this site in "el barrio" is the chance to be in earshot of the foster care visits.  It's hard to tell what is going on but but there is a fraught vibe that reminds me that children should remain in their homes unless they are in immediate danger.  The trauma of separation on everybody involved is palpable.

Jill rescued a microcimbali espresso machine from my folks' house.  This thing is way old skool with the big pull down handle.  She has pulled a couple of good shots already.  When I left this morning she was descaling and mumbling about mineral deposits.  We will soon be on the quest for the perfect crema.

No comments:

Post a Comment